Tuesday, January 29, 2008

My Testimony

Wow, I dont even know where to begin!!
I'm just going to be really blunt and honest and pour my heart out. So when i was in 6th grade I started going to Deer Creek, I had been homeschooled up untill that point. I was so sheltered that when I entered a new world I was so lost and tried with all that was in me to fit in! I no longer cared about trying to look "Christian" I never had a true realtionship with God so I felt like there was nothing to lose! By 7 grade I was cutting my wrist, very depressed, and already promiscuous. I would have multiple boyfriends, make out with guys who I wasn't even dating. I was a cheater, a liar, a backstabber, and a rebel. I didnt listen to my parents, I just didnt care. I hid soo many things from them! and pretended to have it all together. By 8th grade I was drinking and smoking, the guys wanted more from me, I was still "technically a virgin" but didnt feel like it. By 9th grade that was it. I was sleeping around and my life was a wreck. When my parents discovered a few of my secrets, they blamed it on the school and pulled me out to homeschool me again. I was furious! How dare they take me away from alll my fun?! Who are they to rule my life?! It was my life right?! Why couldnt I decide whats best for me?! Yeah.. I was realllyy rebbellious, and just cause they took me out of Deer Creek didn't stop me from making wrong choices, but proabaly just made it worse. I continued to sneak out, it was becomming an every night event. There was a point in my life I decided to completely change and start over. It was then that satan tried to stop me, and he knew exactly what to do.. A guy. not only just a guy.. but a 21 year old Christian assistant youth pastor! (I was 15 at this time) He melted my heart and just tickled me how much he loved God. Who cares how old he was... I mean.. he was a Christian riiightt?? wrong. 5 months into the relationship and I could tell all of the boundaries and standards I had set for myself were fading. He was asking me to do uncalled of sexual things. I told him to stop so many times he would never listen, then afterwards apologize and make me feel guilty like it was my fault. We still hadn't had sex but I knew what our behaviors were leading to. So Feb 26th, of 2007 I brake him the news of me leaving him, I had had enough! He convinced me to sneak out one last time, to give him ONLY one last kiss and he PROMISED all he would do was talk.. ha. was I really that blinded? that stupid? I did not see it comming! So I agreed, met him that night.. and he did, exactly the opposite of what he promised.. he raped me... For weeks I was humiliated, shamed, guilty, couldn't tell anyone..It was my fault right? I was the one who agreed to sneak out! How stupid of me! I should've known! So then I felt worthless and just gave up! I started dating another guy who gave me attention so I just ate it all up. My parents hated him. They would NOT let me date him! That was it.. May 17th, 2007 I ran away/moved out of my parents for my boyfriend. I moved in with two strangers. They were 20 and 23 yr old pot head guys. I felt so sick to my stomach and couldnt believe what I was doing. Leaving my brothers crying in the driveway was the hardest thing I ever did! I know they felt rejection and just didnt understand! My heart still breaks for them! The next day I was locked out of the guys house cause they both went to work and I didnt have a house key yet. I so walked around Britton, Mcarther, NW expressay, and Hefner Lake, all by myself all day. Going from store to store getting job applications. While I was taking a nap at Hefner Lake my mom called from a payphone so I answered, she threatened to call the cops if I hung up. She told me she didnt mind if I stayed moved out but wanted me to go to someone she knew. I then compromised and agreed. After doing so I started thinking why the heck did i just do that?! They'll never find me and I can live my own life! So I called Nate, the guy I was living with to come pick me up, he did and we went to city bites to talk. I turned my phone off, ignoring my parents call... we then went to back to his house, and omg... my parents were in the neighborhood looking for me!! I freaked! So he drove me back to a gas station and dropped me off. I turned my phone back on and called my parents, saying my phone just went dead, explaining where I was and they came and got me. Getting in their car was the most awkward thing! I felt like they were strangers vs. my parents! They took me to Shanna and Jeromes.. I had only met shanna twice and never met Jerome or the kids.. I was frustrated cause I felt like I was walking in on their life and invading their family. I felt out of place and just wanted to go back to Nate's. The next day we got my stuff moved in, I was getting a little excited about living there after getting to know their family. My boyfriend on the other hand was pissed!!! He was not a Christian and knew Jerome and Shanna were influencing me. I ended up breaking up with him June 3rd and it didn't end too pretty. I would like to say I did great from here on out but that would be a lie. I started sleeping around again, with guys I didnt even know their name! It was almost worse than before! It was June 28th, 2007 that Jerome caught me with a guy. I felt like I betrayed them and started packing, I thought I should just move out before they kick me out.. they thought I was crazy!! I'll never forget that night! Shanna and I stayed up till the wee hours of the night talking about all of my past. Amoung the tears and wounds, found hope. I knew I wanted to change and I finally had the accountalbillity to help me! From that day on I have been striving to become more like God. To live my life fully for Him! Yes, I have still made mistakes since then and still do today! But dont we all?! I thank God for my weak moments, showing me that HE is my strength and I am nothing without Him! Needless to say, every piece of my life has fallen into place! He brought along the most amazing guy I could ever dream of! We've been together almost 6 months and havent even kissed! He's such a Godly man, so foreign to what I've known! I thank God everyday for blessing me soo much! And on New Years I moved back into my parents house. Yes, it has been difficult, but I'm so glad God has given me a family that loves me! I still see Shanna, Jerome and the kids 2 to 3 times a week! I'm expierencing God on a whole new level!! He's taking me deeper and deeper everyday!


I just want to say thank you to my friends and family who have been patient with me!


I just want to say thank you to everyone who has just read this! I know its long, but I hope it you got something out of it and it touched you and maybe even gave you hope to start over again!


God is so good. Dont ever underestimate Him!!!!


Thanks guys


Forever in love with my maker,

Wendy



23 comments:

shanna said...

Oh Wendy...you are the most presious thing in the world. God has given you a special place in my heart. I know you have a special place in His too. I want you to know that Him bringing you to us was a gift beyond measure to our family. You will never know how honored I am that He let me go thru the very season that brought you to Him with you. I feel so undeserving...so humbled. Your fire will only grow stronger...it will not diminish...you are in a romantic love relationship with Him and that is why the flame will not go out. You amaze me! I love you so much. You truly are our god-daughter! You have been grafted into our hearts forever!!!

Tim and Christie said...

Wendy! It has been so beautiful watching Him work in your life from afar, not even knowing the details. How awesome that He has given you the boldness to share your story in order to offer hope to others. Reading your testimony reveals so much of His desire to redeem His children for the sake of His Glory!!! You are truly precious!!!

Jenny-K said...

Wendy, I know that you don't know me, but I am a friend of Shanna's. I am truly humbled and inspired by your story. You have been through so much, and it's beautiful to see how you have turned to God and let Him have control of your life. I think it's wonderful that you are already at this point in your life at 16! I wish I had been. But He has His purpose for everything, right?

Aims said...

Thank you so much for sharing your story!! I am so proud of you. You are such a precious girl and I so enjoyed our week together in NYC getting to know the heart of Wendy!! You are truly a light for Him!! I miss you my friend.

Rene' said...

I praise God for the blessing I just received!! Your testimony shows us just what His plans will accomplish!! You are a beautiful and wonderfully made child of God!! May He bless you richly each and every day!

Chick4Christ said...

Thank you soo much all of you! I love being encouraged :) And it blesses me to hear you say it blessed you! Thats my goal, is to be a light for Him!
love you guys :)

DEEPLY LOVED said...

You just made me love Jesus more, again! I can only imagine how much He delights in you if us humans are so fired up and love you so much! You are a DELIGHT to Him! Thank you for honoring Him as your King! Love you!

Amy Newberry said...

Wendy, I love you so much and cherish the time we have together. I have seen the Glory of our Living God displayed in your life. You are so precious and know that you are truly loved.

See you next week:)

Anonymous said...

Wendy, you may not remember me (Deleise's sis-in-law, Joshua's mommy), but I just wanted you to know that reading your story was a blessing. Thank you for sharing! I am touched by the way God has captured your heart. Your love for Him is and will be a tremendous testimony. Love you!

Chick4Christ said...

Kelsey! hey! i do remember you! how's joshie?! :)

well thank you so much!! i love sharing my story over and over again! it just reminds me how good God is!

well i hope you're doing great!!
talk to ya soon
love ya

MJ said...

OH WENDY~ I just love you! I sat and was just completely INSPIRED! You are so raw and I love your genuine heart for others! You are a very special friend of mine and I am honored to call you a sister! You have made a HUGE impact in my life...even today~you will never understand what all I took from your testimony...but God does :) I hope one day to have the nerve to truly lay myself on the alter as you have! You are precious and I love ya girl!

deleise said...

Sweet girl, I love you so much. The Wendy you are now is the Wendy I always saw in you. I think I even told you that prediction a couple of years ago. I can't wait to watch what He has planned for you.

Seth, Annelise, Elijah, & Joshua said...

Wendy, your testimony is beautiful. You are precious!

Chick4Christ said...

Micah: Thank you! :) i love you so much! and i miss seeing you!!

also, i cant read your blog cause it says i have to be invited =/

kk love ya girl

Anonymous said...

I am at AWE at your story...and you especially should be proud of yourself. You are a beautiful child of God not matter what never forget it.

Anonymous said...

hello dear one - i am a friend of shanna's and your story is som what like mine... except you did not take you long to find Jesus and fall for Him and that is so wonderful- your life is a showcase of his love...thank you for sharing
ps keep waiting to kiss your man - trust me it is worth it!!!

Natalie Witcher said...

I love hearing stories of Christ's redemption. Thank you for sharing.

Girls Gone Godly said...

Wendy, I loved reading your testimony! It made me cry to see how far you've come in Christ. Your faith is so strong and you have such a hunger for Christ! Through your testimony, your bringing hope to others. You have such a sweet and humble spirit too! I also want to thank you for bringing me to Shanna's bible study..I'm so thankful to have you as a friend! Love you!

~Becca

Chick4Christ said...

becca! thank you soo much :)
i love being able to share my testimony hoping to help others!! i'm so thankful for where He has brought me :)
i'm so glad you come too!! group just wouldnt be the same!
love ya!

Unknown said...

Chills. Tears. Wow!!! Incrideble testimony of God's persistent, unending love. I could identify with many parts of your journey. God is so good to bring such good out of such filth in us, huh?

Thanks for visiting my blog. What a blessing it is to find another sister in Christ! Your spiritual maturity for you age is amazing. God is multiplying the good for the bad that was there! Better said:
Psalm 90:15 (NLT)
"Give us gladness in proportion to our former misery? Replace the evil years with good."

Praise the Lord!!!

Anonymous said...

wow wendy. thank you so much for sharing your heart. it touched me so much. i cannot imagine what life was like for you but i'm so glad that God has lead you on the right path. i pray that God will continue to pull you through and that you would fall more in love with Him everyday. you are so awesome to have been through that and still want what God has for you. so again thank you. I LOVE YOU!!!

Raven said...

Wendy. Wow your testimony was amazing. It gives me hope that I can change. Thank you sooo much for sharing. I would love to get to know you as well. :)

- Raven

Friend_of_God said...

thats truly amazing...ive been in a similar situation but not quite to the extent you went through lol..its super encouraging that im not the only one thats "been there and done it"..and our weaknesses in life are where He is strong and thats the place where He has called us to minister to others..may blessings pursue and OVERTAKE you!! so much you dont have room for all of it..and you can give me the part you cant hold HAHA