Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Seeing Life in a New Way

I was driving down the road by myself listening to this Matchbox 20 song, "Lets see how far we've come". It really made me slow down, not be in such a rush and just take a look around at our world today. 100 years ago we had wood houses dirt roads and run down resturants. Look at it now. Lets really see how far we come! And to think, we all just take this for granted. Not thinking twice about it! Now Every big problem doesnt seem so big. Why stress about everything? Why is everything such a big deal? I get so easily frutsrated if everything isnt just perfect! I have this problem with over exaggerating. But after we go to sleep, and wake up the next morning all those little things we magnifined just dissapear, and we have all new issues! Its just a cycle most of us get caught in. But why stay in it? Why not choose to be happy? Make the best of every moment! This has really helped me relax and enjoy everyday life :)
BUT with all this improvement ans inventions America has created comes unhappiness and selfishness! We have soooo much and think we need more? The video below might be a little graphic, but its definatly a wake up call.. look at what the rest of the world is going through when we think we're mistreated when we cant find the pair of shoes we want on sale.. OMG! This just frustrates me. So take 3 min out of your day, watch this video, and think about them and what they're going through vs. ourselfs and our selfish problems.

7 comments:

shanna said...

It wouldn't let me watch the video :( I know exactly what you mean. I have been having those same feelings. I am proud of you Wendy! Love you!!!!

Girls Gone Godly said...

Thanks Wendy! That was really eye opening! Love you!

~Becca

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy!
My son has this song on his mp3 player but I have never seen the video.This video just brought me to tears (in a good way). Thanks for posting it!

DEEPLY LOVED said...

That video made me cry. Stuff like that just brakes my heart everytime. And I have seen my share of it. I love how God is molding your heart so you can find more of Him in His people! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Wendy..I hope you don't mind but I linked you to my blog.

Chick4Christ said...

Shanna, Thank you, :)
i'm starting to want to go to africa again!! we'll just see what God's planning, lol love you!!

Veronica, Yours on your site :)

Ejvis, thank you, that stuff just hearts me too :( i want to soo bad just go fix it all!!! but only God can :( anyways, love ya!

ChristusNextus said...

that is the most amazing montage of images ive ever seen in my entire life. the fact that the song its set to music to is one of mine (and OUR) faves makes my burn even more. without reservation that makes me believe in the power we humans have to create beauty, yet also the destruction and terror that is the unfortunate tidal wave in a sea of humanity. how great is our God that he is all of those places all at the same time! the world is infested by the enemy, which bolsters my belief that we are the ONLY light this world will see- we just have to shine it for them!!

great point girlfriend!! you are amazing, your faith inspires me.

this is also my 1st comment!! haha, arent you proud of me?

-Taylor H.