Wednesday, May 7, 2008

You Make Me Beautiful Somehow!

Sunday night I'm restless. I now have 2 guinea pigs and a hamster! Man! And I thought just having a gerbil kept me up all night! I sleep with earplugs, but even through the earplugs I could still hear my (sometimes annoying) little cute pets making a ton of noise! By 3 am I wake up and find my cd player under all the clothes and mess in my room :) And for some weird reasons the radio wouldnt work! I would only pick up weird classical stations and all I wanted was soft Christian music!! Well I keep all my cds in my car, so I dig under my bed trying to find my old old cd case of random cds I never listen to anymore. After a couple min of digging I find it and just flip back to what I call my "Girly Christian music" :) it was all the music I listen to when I was like 10! It had Point of Grace, Stacie Orico, Joy Williams, Nichole Nordman, etc. . I remember one of my favorites was Joy Williams. I pull it out and stick it in. Crawl back in bed and fall asleep for the remaining 2 hours I have to sleep :(


Monday morning I wake up bright (well actually it was still dark) and early to go to work! yay! -not really- So after getting ready, I'm grabbing all my stuff for the day and I just decided to grab that Joy Williams cd too. I run to my car and am off for the looong 40 min drive to work! (while still half asleep, ugh)


I put in that cd and instantly memories rushed through my mind! It was such a sweet sensation remembering and listening and singing those songs I once thought were the BEST songs ever written! haha.


Then I remembered track 9 was my favorite! I couldnt even rmember which song it was, I just knew I like that track. So excided like a little kid opening a Christmas gift I switch tracks quickly and listen joyfully! :)


This is track 9.. I want you to read every single lyric! :)




Never been a fashion queen

I wear dresses, I wear jeans

I’ve even been known to wear my heart on my sleeve

I’m just your average kid next door

A plain, simple mystery

I’m a self-proclaimed Daddy’s girl

With my share of idiosyncrasies

But You love me for me



(CHORUS)I’m just fine

I see a smile from Heaven

My Father is proud

I know that I am simply, fearfully and wonderfully

Made in You

You make it beautiful somehow



I’ve got old fashioned sensibilities

I believe chivalry still exists

And I can be a princess

Even when there ain’t no prince

So what if I’m right brained

I’ve got half a mind to disagree

I would rather write the book

Than go and read the movie


So even when I may not rhyme

You always give me reason…



(CHORUS)I’m just fine
I see a smile from Heaven
My Father is proud
I know that I am simply, fearfully and wonderfully
Made in You
You make it beautiful somehow



Got my elbows on the table

My mind up in the clouds

I know I’m getting better

I can almost hear You laugh out loud

The more I trust in You

The more I find

What You create is no mistake

It’s purpose by design


(CHORUS)I’m just fine

I see a smile from Heaven

My Father is proud

I know that I am simply, fearfully and wonderfully

Made in You

You make it beautiful somehow





After the first 10 seconds I'm already bawling! So many times I forget that God sees me as beautiful! So many times I'm sooo critical on myself, either I'm not patient enough, or too bitter, or too selfish, or not Godly enough, etc. I'm always finding and pointing out ever bad thing about me!! I sometimes define who I am with all the mistakes I make! Always finding the bad, not the good. This mindset and way of thinking just destroys me! It only takes a few days of thinking that way before I'm an emotional wreck, and discouraged, and depressed etc. .


This song opened up a whole new meaning to me! I realized that I am Gods daughter, His princess! HE makes me beautiful somehow!!


Through the tears I found peace and joy. I'm so glad that God is not like ANY other person on earth and will NEVER fail me, NEVER give up on me, NEVER let me down and will ALWAYS love me, ALWAYS think I'm beautiful, and ALWAYS call me His princess! :)
To hear the song, go to my myspace.com at http://www.myspace.com/uniquely_created_by_him

5 comments:

Robin Meadows said...

Yeah....He's proud! : )

deleise said...

Aw, I love that He planned your whole night just so you would find that cd and He could tell you how awesome you are!

Mandy said...

Amen! I'm not sure what I would do with out either of my Daddy's (God and my daddy). I will always be a Daddy's girl and I know they are both so proud of me and they are always the first to back me up, even when I don't ask for it. Don't you just love when God sets things up like that for you??? :)

ChristusNextus said...

ive never heard that song but im sure glad you like it!

wendy baby, this is oh so true and i wish there were some other way i could tell you! that you might understand and realize your world is truly grand!

His hand will always guide you and his voice continually reaffirms your beauty.
you bring such a smile to my face!

shanna said...

You are most definitely His princess and He is enthralled with your beauty...and so am I :) I love you precious one!