Friday, February 8, 2008

A Heart for Missions


For a couple weeks I've been fidiling with the idea of what I want to be when I grow up. What I want to do with my life. Recently the thought of missions has been heavy on my heart. I have such a longing and desire to go and minister and reach out to all those mainly little kids, but also teens and adults all around the world!! Before when I would think about going on another trip I would just brush of the idea and think it was out of the question.. Where would I get the money? When would I have the time? It just wasnt possible. It was yesterday that God really just put it in my heart that I needed to get over all my small problems and issues
and just trust Him, knowing He is bigger than any excuse I have! So today I've been researching. My older brother and sister went to Costa Rica 5 or 6 years ago with Teen Mania. I went to their website and started looking around seeing what trips they were taking this year. The two that really stood out to me were 1) Panama Jungle and 2) Peru. They both are one month long, from June 9th to July 5th. I reallly want to go. Many things have to fall into place, I need to renew my passport, raise the money, etc. But I know if its God's will it'll happen. I just want to ask for your prayers for guidence and assurance. Also please pray for the money to come in. For the Panama trip its $2,543 and the Peru is $2,693. I need half by April 28th. Even if I dont raise enough for this trip I'll put it towards the next one. I know for sure i'm suppose to go SOMEWHERE,
SOMETIME. I'm just not sure where or when yet.

Thanks for your prayers :)

9 comments:

shanna said...

Come to Africa with me in June! (That was God typing thru me...) HAHA! Just kidding. I am praying for you sweet girl...to go where He leads with great abandon! I love you!

deleise said...

This is awesome, Wendy. You are going to do great things. Love you!

Anonymous said...

I will pray for you! As I have been reading your blog I have been thinking you are a great instrument for God.
You know one of the reasons I wanted to link to your blog was because I wanted my son to read it. He is twelve and I have always been straight up with him about any and all issues. I think it would be great for him to read a blog that comes from a young adult who loves God and can actually hear how God has been working in their life. He has accepted Christ and knows the bible better than me. He has beautiful Christian qualities that comes naturally. I especially think it would be benifical for him to read stories through other believers not just me.

Mandy said...

God will bring the money...that I know!! Send me a letter or something and I'll donate to your trip. I'm so excited to add another blog to my readings. Be sure and check mine out. You're an incredible woman...keep it focused!!

Anonymous said...

missions are so amazing. i'm so glad you realized God's plan for you and are acting on it and trusting Him with it. that's very inspiring.

Chick4Christ said...

HANNAH! thank you!! also thanks for taking the time and reading my looong testimony! haha. that meant alot! Its so amazing how God works.

so how was being a princess?! :)

Anonymous said...

it was good!!! i love it so much!!! it's such a blessing!!! but i was sad that i didn't get to go to big weekend. :( but i heard it was AWESOME!!!

Chick4Christ said...

yes :) it was quite fun! missed you being there.
but its ok. we'll all have to get together another time and have a sleepover or something :) just us girls, all have a party! it'll be fun! haha

Anonymous said...

we should totally do that!!! it would be so fun!!!