Monday, February 25, 2008

Beauty in the Breakdown

Wow, so I dont even know where to start. For the past few days, I guess since Tuesday or Wednesday then I have been dealing with ALOT of emotions and trying to hide them as well as I could. Its a little complicated to explain how my mind and thinking process works, but I'll do the best I can. . For a while now I've been trying to live up to people's expectations and I fail almost everytime. I want to be a normal stable girl, who does not have all this emotional weakness who cries at the drop of a pin. Right now I'm struggling to get over jealousy and bitterness, also trying to see myself the way God sees me, rather than what I see when I look in the mirror. I had been doing fairly well with these issues up untill just last week.

When I fail then I just want to have a huge breakdown, but then I dont want to show anyone I'm having these problems because then everyone will just think I'm too needy and weak! And thats my pet peeve.
I DONT WANT TO BE NEEDY! I just want to stuff all my emotions and problems and pretend I have a perfect life.

Well this week I found out that is definatly NOT possible for me at this time. Since I had been stuffing all those things, I got to the point where I felt like I was in the bottom of a big hole and didnt know how to get out. I couldnt pray, I couldnt pray for myself, or for other people, I couldnt talk to God! I felt soo far away that it just got me even more depressed!! It was this HUGE cycle that just kept my head spinning and still even confuses me. Needless to say, I didnt eat anything but 1/2 of a cinnaman roll ALL day saturday. And Sunday all I had was a sandwich. I felt so emotionally stuck that if I ate I wouldnt be able to keep it down. My stomach was in knots, and my head was in circles. What even made it worse was I couldnt even cry!!! And thats just not normal for me! I tried sooo hard to cry, and the tears just wouldnt come. . but my insides were screaming! Well last night at Life Group 401 during praise and worship I just sat there, I couldnt sing, couldnt pray, couldnt think about God. I was so distracted by my feelings. It wasnt untill the last song we sang called


"Yearn" by Shane Barnard


holy design

this place in time

that i might seek and find my God

my God


Lord i want to yearn for You

i want to burn with passion

over You and only You

Lord i want to yearn


Your joy is mine

yet why am i fine

with all my singing and bringing grain

in light of Him

oh You give life and breath

through Him You give all thing

sin Him we live and move

that's why i sing




So this is the song that I could really connect with! I just lost it and starting balling! It felt soo good to cry! When the song was over I quickly ran to the bathroom so no one would see my tears. When I finished crying and wiped my tears I then returned to the group. The guys had gone upstairs so it was just us girls. I sat down and tried hiding that I had just had, yet another emotional breakdown..
When there was a break in the group Lori (a good friend of mine) saw my heart and what I was hiding and crawled over to me and asked to pray for me. She embraced me and prayed in my ear, tears started to trickle my face again, and then the room fell silent. When she finished as I looked up I was a little embarrassed because every girl in that room was staring at me. But at the same time I felt like a burden had been lifted. Everyone starting encouraging me and finding scriptures. I just felt so built up. (thank you all!) And the very girls that satan was trying to get me to be jealous of, were the ones who were telling me I was beautiful! Inside and out. It was so good to just be open and get all of it out! I felt so refreshed! Even after group let out, it was almost like a war for people to get my attention, just one person after the other. I felt SO loved and SO accepted! Like never before!
Although, I was still sooo emotional.. just good emotions now :) but then I was really excited wanting to go to Braums after group and tell Taylor EVERYTHING that had just happend! He was talking and having a good time with his friends though and not wanting to leave at that time, I took it as rejection and my emotions flipped again. In anger, rejection, and dissappointment I drove off the Braums to get a get ice cream by myself and take my cares to God. I began praying and instantly Taylor calls me, he hears the pain in my voice and recognized that he had hurt me. Without even asking him to come, within 2 min I feel his arm around me just embracing me. As I continue crying I tell him how I was feeling (communication is the key). Also sharing all the joys that came for group. By the end of the talk I was smiling again. How can I seriously stay frustrated at Taylor?! :)

Anyways, in the big picture, this is just how I feel. . .

In the past, my relationships were solely based on physical apperance, guys liked me for what that saw on the outside. All I had to do was put on a little more make-up, lose a little weight, and wear skankier clothes and bam, I have another guy that wants me.


Taylor is different, he likes me not only for what he sees on the outside, but more importantly on what I have on the inside. Knowing this, puts soo much pressure on me. Sometimes I feel like I have to live up to his spiritual standards, or emotional stableness. With other guys I could just hide behing the make-up. With Taylor, theres no hiding. It so much harder to change your heart than to change your shirt. This was the main cause and reason for sending me into this whole emotional wreck.


But our talk last night, has been one of the most meaningful talks we've had. It encourage me to know that no matter what season I'm going through spirtitually or/and emotionally he is still there for me! He assured me that just because things get crazy or hard etc that he's NOT giving up! He'll love me through better and through worse. It still to this day amazes me how he has the patience and the heart to commit to me and love me and be there for me.


Its undescribable, uncontainable, all the blessings God has giving me! I am now WORRY FREE!!! I thank God for the really really exciting happy times! and for my lowest of lows. Knowing, He is always there for me, loving me unconditionally!


So just close your eyes, and listen to this song, let your heart race and yearn for HIM!



13 comments:

Taylor Jean said...

first of all you are amazing and i'm so glad that taylor has found some like you and second of all i'm very emotional and something that has helped me with that is realizing that my emotions are a way for me to connect to God. and lastly thank you for all my comments it is so good to hear from you they really help me.
Love ya have a good week

Chick4Christ said...

Taylor: Thanks girl!! I've been trying to see them as a blessing now too.
On a side note, its sad we barely get to see each other! i look back over summer, at the Emit, or at Fazzolis. remember us talking out on the bench? :) yeah, miss those days. Well i'm glad we did get to start a friendship and cant wait for you to come back! Are you coming for the summer break?

Mandy said...

I'm not very emotional, but when I am, that is what connects me to God as well. He is the only one who can comfort my emotional hurts, and we all know I do hurt...it's not a secret anymore. :) Isn't it cool that the people who are usually the most likely to reach out to you are the ones you have built up a barrier too? That's a great song, I had forgotten about it. And that's a great thing about Taylor...he sticks by you even when you feel like you don't deserve it. :) Don't hesitate to reach out, the worst feeling in the world is to feel alone. Trust me, I've felt this more than I'd like to admit. I made a promise last year that no one who I called a friend would EVER feel alone...and I call you a friend, so don't hesitate to call me up. Ask anyone, one of my greatest strengths is my emotional stability, so don't be afraid to lean on me. I got your back :)

Lori said...

Wendy, I learn something new about you every day. EVERYONE deals with ups and downs and bitterness and jealousy. You are not the only one who has listened to the lies Satan convinced you to believe. Surrounding you are people who have delt with the same thing and are willing to help you over come them. You are part of the body of Christ; the body is made up of many many parts. It takes everyone to work together to complete the pieces. Please, dont be afraid to reveal your emotions to the ones who will build you up. Yet like Mandy said sometimes it is easier to put up walls from the people who are there to encourage us. I do that! This past week I had bitterness and wanted to live up to my friends expectations.
As for Taylor - yes he is amazing. I told you he has patience. lol. How he has so much I will never no but I am glade he does. You are blessed to have him know who you are at your core and desire to be there ALWAYS.
I love you.

Anonymous said...

wendy, you are so amazing. seeing you grow and change to become more like Christ is so amazing. i love how open and honest you are. thank you for sharing your heart. i know it's scary but in order to change it you need the help and encouragement of people. i'm here for you anytime. i pray that you will see God in new ways everyday. and that you will embrace who you are and be confident in who you are in Christ. because you are BEAUTIFUL and ROYAL and A CHILD OF THE KING!!! i love you so much!!! have a GOD FILLED week. see you wednesday!!!

deleise said...

Girl, I am LOVING watching you grow like this. It just makes me cry. And it encourages me in my spirituality. Your whole life will be filled with spiritual ups and downs and if you are already learning how to recover from the downs faster, you are doing great. Just always remember that in your down times, He feels the same way He felt about you in your up times. He thinks you are amazing and beautiful. Always.

Robin Meadows said...

Wendy-girl,

We're ALL needy!! And it's good and it's ok! What girl doesn't get crazy and emotional sometimes? (read my blog on Tuesday!)

Just always know that you are loved, ok? And don't believe those lies that satan brings your way.....you are so much better than he'll EVER want you to believe!

Love your passion!! It's going to work mighty things in YOUR heart as well as others'!

shanna said...

Oh my sweet precious Wendy how I love you. I am an emotional mess and I love it. Embrace it. It is one of your greatest strengths!!!! What an opportunity for you to experience the love and comfort of God. You amaze me! I love you!

Chick4Christ said...

Mandy: Thank you!! I cant even begin to tell you how good it feels knowing i have a friend who is so emotionally stable and can help me through all my breakdowns :) we need to hang out again soon! i hope you're having a better week. I cherish our friendship! cant wait to see you tonight.

Lori: Thank you for trying to connect with me, and pour into me. For going out of your way just to show you care. For having a desire to get to know me. For just calling me randomly :) I really like how we're talking more. Thank you for ministering to me so much! love you :) see ya tonight!

Hannah: It just makes me smile every time you write me! you're just soo darn precious and sweet :) Thank you for always encouraging me! I cant wait to go hang out and get our nails done! We need to plan that!

Deliese: Thanks! Its crazy how you've been there and seen me through all of my phases! I think God put you in my life as a role model to look at, you're such a great wife, mom, and friend! Always understanding and encouraging! Thank you for praying and encourging me! love you!

Robin: Wow, i'm sooo happy you're in my life! You're such a blessing ot me :) thank you for reaching out to me and making a point to talk and minister to me! You're sooo sweet and i just LOVE talking and getting to know you! Thank you for every word of advice you give me! For always building me up!! See you tonight!! :)

Shanna: I LOVE YOU TOO!! I'm beggining to love our emotional craziness! haha. Thank you for teaching me what to do with them.. by taking them to Jesus, instead of guys. Pretty sure I'm in debt the rest of my life to you ;) thank you so much! i love you!

Anonymous said...

i know!!! i'm excited!!! it'll be so much fun!!

ChristusNextus said...

everyday i am so pleased in your growth. you have brought me inexpressable joy! trust me, ive tried to show you fully, but nothings working so far!!

this is all part of the process sweet one!! being instable is an outward sign of an inward shift. you're movin things around: putting new things in, take old stuff out. its hard sometimes to deal with all the change. its way harder to deal with it alone. you know people want to help you. its the enemys lies that keep u from doing that sometimes. dont be afraid to be vulnerable! romans 11:29 "for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable" i know you've read your comments (so have i) learn to know that in general your emotion swings are a way to see him, id call it a gift!! thats not something you cant take away; embrace it.
insofar asthe instability part, i go back to the moving example. at some point, you will be all moved in and the furniture will be in the right spot and the house will be decorated all pretty- but sometimes its hard moving things around. your (emotional) strenth will rise as you wait upon the Lord, he will give you a foundation upon which to stand on in the times of you feeling spiritually inadequate or overly needy. the longer you stand there, the more you trust what you're standing on. the chair you are sitting in. assuming you have never sat in a chair before, would you trust initially? of course not, remember the scene from shallow hal? only until you sit down in it for a few times do you really begin to trust it wont break. its only until you sit before the Lord and bring him all ur stuff, sit beside me and tell me ur heart, that you begin yo trust that He wont drop you. as surely as i am the one writing this, i will never leave your side. be it instability, jealousy, insecurity, hostility, failure, WHATEVER it is, im here, im not breaking just because you put a lot on me(baggage)!
i am so proud to call you my girlfriend, and im sticking y you no matter what! take courage in being open as surely you have done already.

that night was most likely the best night ive ever had with you!! you have no idea how much all the stuff we talked about means to me! that makes my heart smile just thinking about it!! thats what this relationship is all about! if i could sum it up in one night, thats the one id choose!

read psalm 62:2 tonight and lets talk about it tomorrow :)

Chick4Christ said...

Taylor:
Hun, this is EXACTLY what i needed to hear after last night!! honestly i felt so much rejection, (at braums) I felt like i failed you, and soo many other emotions and feelings i cant even explain. I see now that we're going to have our rough nights... but that doesnt mean its over. Thank you for always being the encourager and the strong one for me to lean. Thank you for taking this journey with me, so i dont have to do it alone!

I'm really excited to see how are realtionship grows this week! Hopefully 1st Corinthians, and less touch etc will shift something and we will come out of this dry season! I cant wait to see you tomorrow!! espeically DANCE with you tomorrow!! (also we need to start dancing at least one other night a week just on our own, i miss that!)
anyways, see ya soon tiger, i'm praying for you constantly today!

Natalie Witcher said...

I've been there. Thanks for the encouragement.