Friday, April 11, 2008

MY STORY PART 13- PEACE LOVE AND HAPPINESS

Taylor was a gift God sent to me. He became my best friend and help keep me accountable. We knew each other for barely 3 weeks but I already had felt so comfortable with him. I couldnt help but start liking him! Whats NOT to like??



Well August 10th was the day I was getting to the point that I had had enough. I thought (from other people telling me) that he wasnt so serious about "us". That he didnt like me the way I had liked him. That I was just tricking myself and that I just needed to get out before I got hurt.. I was upset and about to tell him that I didnt even want to talk to him again! I jumped to soo many conclusions and just figured that he was just sucking me in to use me just like what I had always known..



So on August 10th, 2007 Taylor calls me and wants to know if he can stop by for like 10 min. Within 15 or 20 min he's at my (shannas) front door step and I let him in.. I could sense something was different today, I didnt know if it was good or bad. But it was just a little awkward. So he made up a silly excuse to get me outside to talk to him, he said he wanted me to go see all his new books he just picked up for school! haha.. so I walked out front with him.



He turned around and we started talking. Talking about how fast we jumped into this relationship and quickly became friends! But then, instead of saying he didnt want to talk anymore... He asked me to be his girlfriend! I was shocked! Excited! Breathless! Undescribable!



Was this not the same guy I thought God would NEVER allow me to date because he was so perfect? The one I thought would NEVER want to date ME?? Wow, was I wrong!



That night we ended up hanging out with Laurel and all of our friends (about 10 of us) stayed out and went TP-ing, to IHOP, to Laurels.. and just all over town! It was so much fun.. and I'm really glad we got this time together because this was the night we decided we werent going to kiss till marriage.



This was almost a struggle saying this, but I knew it was best, and what I truly wanted in the long run! I had had a taste of everything else and knew exactly what I didnt have, and what I wanted more than anything "Purity!"



Even though so many look at us and think we're crazy extremest for not even kissing, it puts so much more meaning into our relationship. We strive to show each other in other ways how we feel. It makes it so much more deeper and meaningful. Taylor has so much respect for me that it never ceases to amaze me!! Even I have been tempted and tried to just give up and kiss him before, but he's always the strong one, the one that keeps me accountable and keeps this relationship healthy! He is such a Godly leader!



You know, theres a difference between a "Christian" boyfriend and a "Godly" boyfriend! He is by far the Godly one! Always keeping God first and praying with me and helping me!!



Yesterday was our 8 month anniversary!! And I am SO proud to say that NOT one time have we let our lips touch or let our hand wander where they shouldn't! God is so good! He gave me EXACTLY what I needed!



Sometimes I'm thankful for the times all the guys took advantage of me, cause if I never had a bad boyfriend,
I wouldnt know what a good one feels like!






Next post will be about picking up the leftover garbage in my life, and moving back in with my parents!! yay!

10 comments:

Raven said...

I think it really is amazing that you and Taylor haven't kissed and don't plan on it. :)

Chick4Christ said...

Well thanks! Its soo hard! but i love it! :)

DEEPLY LOVED said...

Ahhhh...I am so proud of you both!!! God is sooo Good and His timing is perfect! Love you!

Mandy said...

Man, I don't even know what to say...it was so funny the night before he was gonna ask you out, we were talking and he was so nervous. :) I found it kinda funny, because Taylor has never been like that around any of us. And on Sunday, after you guys hung out all night, you were all he could talk about!! I pretty much knew you before I even met you. And I love it that you haven't kissed~~we don't think that's weird...that's our standard to~~keep it up girl! Let him continue to lead you, he's an incredible leader! That's one of my favorite things about Taylor, he was the first guy I had ever met who's leadership was greater than mine and who actually wanted to lead people!!! I love you!!

Raven said...

I can totally see where it would be hard but in the end in pays off. :)

angie said...

I hope this works I had to try it.
I love you so much and there really are not words to express my true feelings and emotions. God has given me the greatest gift ever. You amaze me Wendy Michelle and I am so proud of you. I wish I had my own blog space just to post pictures of our Princess and Prince Charming tonight - but I know you will. It seems every day I see some new facet of glory in your life revealled that just blesses my socks off. I love you so much baby girl. <3 Mom (that was supposed to look like a heart but I am not sure if it does! :) my computer skills are growing.

Chick4Christ said...

Deleise, Thank you!! also thanks for taking our prom pictures!!1 :) yay! i looove them!

Mandy, haha wow, thank you for telling me that! it really encouraged me for some reason. :) love you!

Mommy, yay!! i'm soo happy you're getting a blog! :) now we can comment! and thank you! thank you for supporting me and trusting me! I am really enjoying our time and our reltionship vs. just tolerating it (like the past)! thank you for being there for me! love youuu!

ChristusNextus said...

well of all the long blog comments, im sure i could ramble on and on and on and on about this one. but im working on my self-pride thing and this is it.
i can honestly tell you that i was uncomfortable with how fast things had moved since the 1st time i had seen you and that i knew i was supposed to date you, this just wasnt what i had planned out all in my head. for some reason- i remember this feeling specifically- i KNEW i was supposed to ask you out that day and not wait a single moment. i tried to put it off until i saw u that night at laurels. then when i was "uninvited" i decided i had to do SOMETHING.
this was the first time i didnt rehearse ONCE asking a girl out before IN MY WHOLE LIFE. so from the very first second (literally) in our relationship, things were completely different. that makes me sooo happy!
you have been a source of strength in my life as well wendy. i know that i need to stand tall and be the man you need me to be. you continually push me to excellence and im so thankful for EVERYTHING about you, me----WE!!

you
n
me

haha, dont forget that!!

Chick4Christ said...

ohhh taylor.. you make me soo happy! and speachless.

i cant find the words to say.. where did they go?? can you go catch them for me?? :))

well thank you for honoring me and respecting me etc sooo much! i miss you boo

oh ps. of course i wont EVER EVER forget that :) how could i?

shanna said...

You two are adorable!