Monday, April 28, 2008

Skate Dallas!

Skate Dallas .. Not so great
I was super nervous .. Not so great
I fell on my salchow .. Not so great
I got fourth place .. Not so great
The car ride on the way home .. priceless!


I had a figure skating competition in Dallas yesterday. My family and I drove down there Friday night and stayed with the people that lead my parents to Christ! It was so good finally meeting them! :)


Then Saturday we left their house and headed for Carolten, (where we use to live) and visited our neighbors! It was just like old times! I just love them!


Then we checked into the skating rink in Grapevine Mills mall, It was crowed and crazy!! I've never seen so many figure skaters all in place at one time!! It really got me nervous!


Fudruckers was just accross the street so we met some old friends there and had lunch! Hadnt seen them in a while! They're great Christian friends and it was good visiting with them again!


We stayed Saturday night at Taylor's mom's house. I'm glad I finally got to see her house and my family got to meet them! Everything there turned out great! Sunday morning and and taylor got up and watched Life Church online! :) I had never done that before! 213 people tuned in and 26 of them got saved!


Then it was time to get ready and go to the skating rink. I was already so nervous I wanted to puke! When I got there, there were a little less people but still alot! My practice went ok but I was feeling a little unstable and my feet were numb! It was my turn to get on the ice. I'm stressed, and nervous. My salchow is my first jump I do, and the jump that I've been able to land for like 6 months! Its not hard for me at all. But for some reason I fall. I get up with a smile and go on doing the rest. On the next 3 elements were the ones I had been strugling a little bit with; my waltz-toe loop combo, my scratch spin, and my back spin. But all of those I did perfect! I was a little confused as to why I fell on the easiest thing for me and did so well on my hardest things. .


Well dissapointed and frustrated I got off the ice and waited for the results. I got 4th. I was really upset. I've only competeted 2 other times and got first! This is my first time to screw up! But I guess its not worth winning if you dont have to fight for it. . There will always be another competition.


The ride home is about 3 1/2 hours. I was still frustrated and me and taylor we fighting. After talking with my parents they agreed to letting me ride in the car with him on the way home! :) (we drove right in front of them, haha)


For about the first 15 min we just listened to music and I wouldnt really talk and was just being subburn! (I can have a big attitude sometimes!) But after thinking about it I knew it was stupid and we werent getting anything accomplised! So I turned off the music, and just said, lets talk!


We had the BEST conversations! Those 3 1/2 hours flew right by! Everything we were arguing about was resolved in about 10 or 15 min of talking about it, then we just enjoyed our company the rest of the way! We talked about the weekend, and about the parts that were tempting, and about what we need to change so we wont temp each other so much. We also discussed our future, getting just information about what the other is thinking, or how they feel about things and just finding a common ground.


Everything just seemed so out in the open! And I finally felt 100% comfortable and myself. I could burp in front of him! We talked about picking our nose! We talked about farting! I let him look, and even touch my feet! I stuck out my tongue with all the chewed up donut on it! haha. It was such an amazing thing just to be so open with the one you love! - oh and that was another thing we talked about...


He almost brought me to tears.. telling me just how much he really loved me, and why he loved me and what he loved about me!! It was compliment after compliment! I just wanted to record it! I wanted to freeze time and soak it all in! He's such an amazing guy! I cant appreciate him enough! It breaks my heart how sometimes I get so cought up in what he might've done wrong, and then just look past ALL the priceless things he does right for me! I almost think he spoils me too much ;) but I'm lovin it!!


Anyway, I would never in a million years trade that car ride for anything in the world! We laughed so much!! He makes me so happy! We're such alike in some ways, we're just goofy and there to have fun! Its crazy how much you can show a person how you love them,
without even kissing!

7 comments:

Raven said...

4th place is still really good. :)
the relationship that you and taylor have is absolutely amazing. i love the fact that you too haven't kissed. it says so much about your relationship. most people dont understand how amazing it is. :) i can only imagine how tempting it is sometimes but you too not falling into temptation says a lot more about who you are and how you strive to do as God has commanded! :)

Chick4Christ said...

thanks raven! its so hard! but i'm glad we're waiting! :)

Mandy said...

Car rides like that are so fun!! And I was cheering for you back here! Glad you had a great weekend? I miss you though :)

ChristusNextus said...

ok, whenever i said two posts ago that that one was my favorite, well....id like to change!
haha, this is my fav.!! wait, no.you're my favorite!! anyway.
i didnt think until just now how fast it truly went. ive driven/been driven to Dallas soooooo many times and i can honestly say that this time was not only the most rewarding and worth-while, but also the fastest; not b/c i was speeding like michael andretti though!! haha
you bring me joy and your joy brings me peace. thats what we've been missing for so many weeks in our relationship-peace.
we've been so hurried to get from one big thing in life to the next and oh dont forget dance class and award banquets and YLB and family stuff and sports stuff and school stuff and work loads and money problems and mission trips and track meets and girl problems and church events and stress and somewhere in there we find time for each other.
whew, quite a list huh? lets make a point to MAKE more time for us two kay? just like the car ride, because those are the times that we're meant to have all the time, but the afore said list gets in the way so.. anyway- im anxiously looking forward to all the times in the future that propel our relationship forward in a positive, God-honoring way!!!

deleise said...

:)!!!!!!!!!!

shanna said...

I am so happy God gave you two that time to bond and grow! It made me cry reading this. I love you two. God is going to change the world thru you together! I can feel it! Taylor is such a precious gift to you Wendy!!! I pray that you know God's love in a deep way thru all those compliments! Oh...and I am certain there is some sort of spiritual analagy out of your skating dilema...falling on the easiest part but doing the more difficult part well. I think sometimes when we focus so much on the spiritual hurdle in front of us...we don't focus enough on the simple truths. I know I am so guilty of this.

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chick4Christ said...

Mandy, thank you! yeah it was a pretty good weekend. i miss you too! did you have fun at the other campas?

Taylor, honey you make me so happy! And you are totally right about needed peace! i'm so sorry i get so crazy sometimes! i'm so excited about tonight though! its gonna be fun! I'm so thankful for you! You will always be taylor MY tiger. :)

Shanna, i love how you related me falling my jump to us looking past the simple things! that made so much sense and i do that alot too! Thank you for helping get to the point where i am now! i love you! i missed you last night and will try to come by soon! lovvve you!