Friday, March 14, 2008

MY STORY PART FOUR- 8TH GRADE

This year is more of a blur for some reason. 8th grade was when I got hooked on drinking and smoking. The first time I smoked was, never would've guessed it, AT CHURCH! haha. but its true, and (funny sidenote, so I was kinda blonde, and it was my first one, so I accidently lit it upsidedown, yeah its true lol) Anyways! but sometimes my mom wouldnt be home so I would go next door to this guy named Brandons house and drink. Also at night I would sneak out and go to parties. At school I would smoke with Courtney in the bathroom, we got told on once, but never actually caught. I HATED smoking, I only did it to fit in, or to look cool.

By fall break I had had enough of Deer Creek! I was soo fed up with everything it was doing to me. The drinking, the smoking, the cliches i had to fit in with, all the guys taking advantage of me, and I wasnt even learning that much! It was pointless and stupid. So I asked my mom to take me out and try this correspondance homeschool thing called American Academy. After Fall break I just didnt go back to school, the first few weeks were good, I was enjoying the time with my mom at home all day, and the time away all those fake people i called friends.

By Spring break I had had enough of homeschooling! I was behind on my work, fighting with mom (not that it was her fault, but anytime you spend TOO much time with someone, you start to bonk heads) So, after a while of begging I returned to Deer creek after Spring break. This was when I went from goth or emo, to 100% prep!! I died my hair platnum blonde, I went and got Abercrombie, american eagle, and hollister clothes that were WAY too small for me! And wore too much make up, pretty much looked like a slut.

Well, because of the way I decided to dress every morning my mom would correct me (out of love) and say I needed to change clothes. OH MY! The fights began, I wanted to wear what I wanted to wear! So... I would wear something she approved of, and just stick my other clothes in my bag, at the bus stop I would go behind some trees and change clothes, or just wait till I got to school and change in the bathroom. I was determined to get the guys attention now.
Photobucket


This was also the year I got in trouble alot. I got in a huge fight with Courtney one time in the bathroom, got detention for that. And skipped class or was just tardie many times, detention for that. I once cussed out a kid in class, got a week of detention for that! things just werent going my way. All I wanted was to be accepted, and all I was getting in was just a huge mess!

But with all this I was still cutting and hating life. I hated what I was doing, who I was with, what I was wearing, what I was saying, etc etc. I was not happy with the person I was. So, I started bringing my razor blade thing to school so I could cut my wrists whenever I needed too. One of my "friends" lauren decided "out of love" she would tell on me. Well needless to say, they found it, and I got out of school suspension for the last 2 weeks of school. .

wow, next is 9th grade, here comes the drama.

5 comments:

ChristusNextus said...

haha!! i am 1st finally!!

this part of her story makes me wonder.. was it the attitude of your heart that made her rebel even when you had God right there to pull her out? she went to church, and did the whole deal. whats so different now? i know it is TOTALLLLLY different, im just wondering as to what that catalyst is.
b/c i see now that you are being fed by Him and going to church and everything, what is the biggest thing thats different in the situations between now and then? is it just your age and growing up? is it the fact you've been to the bottom so now you can rise? it makes me think. does what im asking make sense? i guess im not realllly asking, just wondering and thinking out loud (in words, it would only be out loud if you said them, so do that :)

im praying you feel better and hoping to see you soon!
happy fast day!

<-T->

Chick4Christ said...

well... i kinda am trying to take this the right way... the way i take it is kinda insulting?
but i guess its different because then i didnt have a relationship with God, I never prayed, I never read the bible, I had no good friends. Yes i went to church, but not for the right reasons, I never really went there to learn, but for social.
I was basically not a christian.
does that answer your question?

shanna said...

Wendy I am so proud of your honesty. I know God will use your story to help MANY! I love you precious god-daughter!

deleise said...

You are absolutely right, wendy. It's all about your heart condition. You can go to church all day long, but if your heart is not in relationship with Him, it is all basically worthless. We all experience that from time to time.

Chick4Christ said...

Love you all! :)